Most people have heard by now about the Mizzou protests. Apparently, from what I understand, there were some "racial incidents" (the news never goes in depth as to what this was which means it is more or less SJWs crying racism where there is none) and a man was forced to step down from his position running the school. As far as I could research the "incidents" seem to be that some kids yelled racial slurs from a car, a drunk girl used a racial slur against a black person, and there was a swastika drawn in feces on the wall of a bathroom. Other than the feces issue the rest of the "incidents" seem utterly benign and ridiculous but of course when a football team shows "solidarity" and strikes there's not much to be done. In fact they have a list of demands that the college appears to at least be considering taking seriously. Lets look at these shall we:
1. We demand that University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a hand-written apology to Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exits, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admits his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.
Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his privilege. Yeah they literally want this to happen. They also want him to apologize for something his DRIVER did and for some reason fail to realized that surrounding a fucking car in a threatening enough manner to prevent someone from driving isn't peaceful protesting. They also want Tim to apologize for shit the police department did which he also has no control over. How his driver and the police aren't demanded to make an apology I don't know, but I assume it's because the students damn well know they have no power outside of the campus so they are dumping all this shit on Tim Wolfe instead of the people who actually deserve it. Not to mention, that if you are surrounding a car and being loud and violent, this isn't peaceful and it's dangerous. How can they see this as anything other than that?
2. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal, a new amendment to thd UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.
Okay why the FUCK should STUDENTS be involved in choosing a president. I get that staff and faculty should be helpful in this situation. Or at least I understand why. But STUDENTS? What the fuck do STUDENTS have to do with this? You mean students that will only be there a finite amount of time and then more than likely have another group of students come in and DEMAND a new president? Then they are very specific to add in "diverse backgrounds" because OMG ALL the white privilege of Tim Wolfe. Are you kidding me?
3. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians’ demands that were presented in the 1969 for the betterment of the black community.
They seriously want to go backwards in history in time DECADES to meet demands met back then. Which I'm sure have been more than met since then. Their demands more or less include HIRING WAY FUCKING MORE BLACK PEOPLE. Literally in a lot of this literature you will see they specifically say black people NOT diverse or anything like that. It's insanely racist. If people banded together to demand MORE WHITE people because "Fuck black people" this story would be framed in a far different light.
4. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff and faculty of color.
This more or less states that they literally want "white privilege" classes. Also they say that this education will be directed/maintained by people of color. Which means there will be no white people teaching these classes on race. There will be no white people involved in this racial awareness it's just going to be black people barking at white people about how damn privileged they are. Considering the fact that this shit already exists and is nearly the level of brainwashing young white people into thinking they are racist, how is this going to help anyone. Also once again why are STUDENTS the ones involved in this? Because they have active tumblrs about how racist everyone is and can be up to day on how privileged white people are? Seriously?
5. We demand that by the academic year 2017-18, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff members campus-wide by 10 percent.
As I mentioned before, right there it states BLACK PEOPLE. It doesn't say make it more diverse it specifically says BLACK PEOPLE. Yeah. So they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they want white people out and want them replaced with black people. This is ordering the college to either hire additional staff that are black or fire white people for little to no reason to meet a quota of black people on staff. Neither of which is fair or well balanced. Are you kidding me?
6. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10-year plan on May, 1 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.
INCREASE RETENTION RATES FOR MARGINALIZED STUDENTS. You know what they are asking in this statement? That statement quite actually means that they want the curriculum and classes to be made MORE EASY for minorities. They are saying that the people of color should have a easier time passing classes and doing the work so they don't end up dropping out. These days, with affirmative action and all that, we see a problem of minorities being accepted into colleges they shouldn't possibly be able to get into due to race, then they can't do the work and they drop out. Which is fair. Honestly colleges should accept at a baseline to the level of education they teach. If someone, regardless of race/gender, meets the SAT, ACT, and other academic standards they should be allowed in. Why now are we going to demand that colleges make it MORE EASY on minorities while the people who actually have the grades and deserve to be there are forced to do all the actual work based on the color of their skin? How is this not racist as fuck?
7. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals, particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.
Okay hiring more counselors I get that, but they throw in "particularly those of color" as I guess trained counselors in no way can possibly empathize with anyone outside of their own race, and there is no way to psychologically help anyone who isn't of the same race. The fact that all of these demands include MORE NON WHITE PEOPLE is disgusting. Really. Because this is blatant fucking racism and NO one wants to say it. NO ONE. If you are asking for specific staff and other people to be hired and groups to be formed based on lack of white people, that's racism. This would never EVER fly if white people wanted to exclude black people, but all these suggestions are "totally reasonable" because OMG BLACK PEOPLE PROBLEMS and WHITE PRIVILEGE.
8. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources and personnel for the social justice centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus and increasing campus-wide awareness and visibility.
They actually have social justice centers on campus. Let that sink in. Social justice centers. Actual places for these asshole SJWs to meet up and talk about this bullshit. Plan it out. Also as you can see once again they add in "particularly those of color" and considering that they already specifically asked for MORE BLACK STAFF you damn well know when they say that what they mean is BLACK PEOPLE. I believe the football team is all black as well. The people making these outrageous demands are black. Almost everyone in this situation is black or a white apologist so fearful of being called racist they are bending over backwards to meet the demands of asshole students who have taken the campus hostage by going on ridiculous hunger strikes or refusing to play football games.
The more I look into it, the more it seems the entire football team ISN'T okay with this. Including BLACK PLAYERS. There are some team members that are REALLY upset about this strike and didn't want to do it but knew they had no choice. Were basically forced into it. Then Tim Wolfe actually did step down, yet I fail to see what he could have even done about these so called incidents. In the first incident it doesn't even appear that these black students knew who the white students in the car were. Yet I'm guessing they demanded the college drop literally everything, investigate everyone, and then expel all parties involved? This isn't a situation of burning crosses on lawns or public lynching. Yelling racial slurs is covered under free speech. If these black students had been walking off campus and this had happened what would they have done? Yeah exactly, nothing. Here's the issue though, they know on campus they HAVE power because for some very stupid reason COLLEGES ARE ALLOWING THEM TO HAVE POWER instead of telling them to shut the fuck up. I think that this guy summed it up the best on his own blog (Quote care of Mr-Cappadocia)
There’s a bad thing happening and I know which way it’s heading, I just hope we’re in time to stop it.
But I don’t think we will be.
Every week it’s a new ugly scene on our campuses, students being conditioned to purge wrongthinkers. Setting up kangaroo courts, spitting on due process, and engaging in mob hatred of people whose sin is no greater than defending obnoxious children.
There’s a sickness spreading in America today.
It’s not liberal, though it wears that face as a disguise, it’s not conservative. It’s authoritarian.
And every day, more and more I’m thinking it’s us or them.
This is the truth though, isn't it? This is not the only incident we've seen as of late. What about Mattress girl? What about the literal rape accusation epidemic at colleges? The propaganda the the horrendous behavior allowed by these students? What about the safe room at Brown university for people who are triggered? What about the feminists who stood in the back of the room at a voluntary to attend speaking engagement for Christina Hoff Sommers? What about this? All of this? Why are we allowing it? We are very much watching as these immature asshole students DEMAND things and them getting what they ask because what? People are afraid to say no? Honestly, it's scary. These children (and face it they are still very much children) are being taught that taking a school hostage, throwing fits, and making outrageous demands is OKAY behavior. These idiots are going to grow up, get out there in the real world, and CONTINUE THIS BEHAVIOR. It's not okay.
I don't deny there is still racism in the world but it's NOT to the level these kids are saying it is. I don't deny there is sexism. I don't deny that society still has actual problems. No one is trying to say that we live in a perfect world. However, considering where we are NOW to where we were 40, 30, or even 10 years ago, we've made A SHIT ton of progress. Yet students and other people these days seem hell bent on convincing EVERYONE around them that racism is rampant and we are back in the 1950's. Well let me tell you, with the demands these students made and the existence of literal white privilege conferences for white people to learn about their whiteness, racism is alive and well. It's just no longer white's against blacks, it's blacks against whites and society is seemingly completely okay with allowing this because slavery happened 100 something years ago. If we want to achieve actual equality this isn't the way to do it and we need to stand up to these bullies, not cave into their demands.